MOMENTISM (1)

THE BLEAK FRANCHISE everything is ART and will one day be nominated for a prize...
Occasionally, from time to time, once in a while, I'm asked what sort of an artist I am and being an honest chap I attempt to give an honest answer.  The honest answer that I give nowadays is, I'm a momentist.  The question that follows is, of course, what's a momentist or what does it mean?  My honest answer is that I try to draw a moment.  I try to draw an image based on a situation I've seen or a word(s) I've heard.  The response to that answer is quite often, oh, I see...

The question that I ask myself is why, why do I draw all these people, these faces, these moments?  The immediate answer is because I enjoy the creative process of producing the imagery, the sheer dynamic livingness of drawing.  I finish one drawing and there will be another one along in a minute.

There is however, rather more to it than that...

Comments

Popular Posts